How to Know if There’s Mold in Your House
To the untrained eye, it can be hard to tell if there’s mold growing in your house if you’re not familiar with signs related to mold growth. Mold can be an expensive and dangerous problem to fix if it’s left to grow for a long period of time. Having mold in your home can be a nightmare and put you and your family’s health in danger if it’s not addressed as soon as it’s discovered.
Our team at Home Services Restoration, LLC put together these tips to understand and recognize the signs of mold growth in your home.
What is Mold?
Mold is a microscopic organism and fungus that grows in damp conditions to release spores. There are different types of mold and while some of them are harmless, others can cause serious health issues if the spores are inhaled.
Mold can grow in a dark, damp area inside your home, which is a perfect environment for it to reproduce. Here’s how you can find and identify mold growth in your home.
When mold grows in cold and damp areas, they sometimes develop a musty smell. Random musty odors in your home are one of the most common giveaways that your home has mold.
You’re Always Sick
If you have unknowingly been exposed to mold, you may feel sick sometimes or like you have allergies. Symptoms like coughing, nasal congestion, watery eyes, and itchy skin are all commonly related to the presence of mold. Mold can also trigger asthma symptoms if there’s been prolonged exposure.
Any time your home has water damage, there’s a possibility that mold growth will be an outcome after the fact. Water can easily be absorbed from the floor to the ceiling, causing mold in areas you may not expect. The best way to determine if mold is in your home after water damage is by contacting a water restoration company to help repair damage and remove mold.
Contact Home Services Restoration, LLC for your mold restoration needs! We want your family to feel comfortable at home. Call us today at (240) 348-9566 to schedule an appointment to inspect your home for mold.